Nothing can kill your ambitions like aching knees or pain in the lower back. If you recall that is why Topher had to quit running Cross Country, his knees hurt so bad he could hardly walk. This type of pain can usually be avoided by making the foam roller a part of your routine.
Yes, it KILLS at first. But, that is only a sign of how badly you need it. Keeping your IT band from getting too tight is essential and once your muscles are no longer in spasms, or locked up, you will not be so miserable each time you roll.
If you are interested in getting a roller we should all combine our orders and get a volume discount. If you are in a hurry, just go to Big 5 and get one. Do not get the wussy ones (soft and comfy), you will really want to get the stiff ones if you want to get the benefit.
Come on people, anyone that can endure the pain of running, can certainly endure the pain of the foam roller!
After my walk today, I read your posting and since we happen to have one blue roller (probably yours), I tried it first on my back and wondered what is the problem Martin is talking about?
ReplyDeleteThen I tried it on my front legs and thought that I would die from pain and only could do it for about 2 mins.
How long do you need to do it?