After a trip to Brazil and a week in Las Vegas for work, I had the joy of going with the Scouts on the long-term summer camp. Now I am right back where I started! I have gained weight and will have to start working on getting my intervals up to speed again.
I have decided that at some point in life, I must learn to enjoy the journey, because I keep repeating it again, and again. My workouts are no longer to break past records, now have been focused on not getting injured so I can keep working out. It used to be all about the improvements and progress, now I am thrilled if I can just get thru one more workout in one piece. Travel, work, allergies, and most of all injuries have been a serious obstacle. From what I understand it is not going to get any better with time.
Tomorrow is going to be my first day back to running, I wish I could say I looked forward to it. I much prefer Saturdays when I can run outside with Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment